There are horse races and then there are Horse Races. Just the opportunity to place a real money bet on the magnificent beasts that qualify for the Melbourne Cup is something that we should all treasure. But one online gambler got a real treasure.
Dominic, a resident of Melbourne won $1 million on a bet offered as a promotion. The Australian man qualified for the promotion after making a $5 on the horse that came in second.
The man who was watching the race on the television from home was pleasantly surprised when Rekindling won the race.
Over $200 million was wagered all over the world the race. A race that made bookies a lot of money as the favourites failed to place.
What makes the Melbourne Cup so Unique
- Australia’s biggest event is commonly called the race that stops the nation. In Victoria, Australia the day of the race has been an official holiday since 1877.
- The race is run as part of the Melbourne Spring Racing Carnival and has attendances of more than 100,000.
- The race sponsored by Emirates has a pot of more than R80 million.
- To compete for the richest turf race in the world there is a strict handicap. The handicap in the race is 49kgs-57kgs. These are the lower and upper must carry limits.
Tips on How to Make Money on Horse Racing From the Melbourne Cup 2017
- Know the horses, the trainers and jockeys. There are a lot of high profile horses that will be running the 3200m race. This means finding information on how these horses are performing will not be hard.
- Follow trends. There are some things that are hard to explain but there are some strange patterns.
- Spot the money, there is always a horse that is having a good season but is ranked lowly in the field. This means there are better odds for the bet. And this was the horse that won the race.